Saturday, May 1, 2010

MAY CHARADES CONTEST - A SPECIAL ONE!



UPDATE: I have selected a few photos from my Hawaii trip that the winner will be able to choose from.  However, I will leave it open for the winner(s) to choose any photo from any of my Hawaiian vacation posts. And since I'm so late posting these, I'm extending the game for one more day, until Tuesday noon, May 18.

See the photos at the end of this post.



Remember a few months back when it was snowing and freezing across the country and I moaned and groaned about never having been to Hawaii? http://feliciakramer.blogspot.com/2010/02/id-rather-be-in-hawaii.html.

And we all spent a week of "I'd Rather Be in Hawaii," dreaming about palm trees and reading about four wonderfully talented Hawaiian artists and winning lovely gifts from them?
http://feliciakramer.blogspot.com/2010/02/id-rather-be-in-hawaii-with-dava.html
http://feliciakramer.blogspot.com/2010/02/id-rather-be-in-hawaii-with-lisa.html

Well, that was the final straw. I made the decision. Next Wednesday, May 5, I AM GOING TO HAWAII!!!!!  My sister Fran and I will travel to Oahu and Kauai, and I have plans to meet up with some of the Hawaiian artists I interviewed above. I can hardly believe that this is really going to happen ... finally! 

I decided that I am going to take my laptop with me so I can post and have you enjoy the trip along with me.  At least that's the plan. I hope I have the stamina after long days of sightseeing ... eating ... swimming ... sunning ... sleeping ... taking millions of pictures ... sunning ... eating ...

To kick off my trip, the May Charades contest is going to be ... movies that were either based in or filmed in Hawaii!  I'll let the contest run until I return and post the winners on May 17. The prizes? I don't know yet. I intend to take lots of photos while I'm in Hawaii, so I'll select from those photos to prepare a lovely gift for the winners.

OK, here we go!

How it works: Each photo below stands by itself to represent a movie that was either based in Hawaii or was filmed in Hawaii. There's eight movies in total.

The rules: You need to guess the movie titles for each one.

The prizes: The first person to correctly guess all eight songs and a second winner selected by random number generator from all comments submitted will receive a selection from the photos I take during my trip. 

Want to increase your odds? You can be entered in the drawing up to four times: (1) Take your guesses in one comment (only one guess entry per person), (2) In a separate comment, tell me your favorite image from one or more of these shops, (3) In a separate comment, tell me you signed up to follow my blog (or that you already follow), (4) In a separate comment, tell me you became a fan (or that you are already following) of my facebook page: www.facebook.com/anotherbrightidea.
 (More than four comments from the same person will not be counted.)

This contest will run until May 17.

What are they:
 

Time Frame:  From classic to contemporary
#1
Untitled by anotherbrightidea (unpublished)


#2


#3



#5
#6

#7

#8
 

Off we go on another Hawaiian adventure!

FOR THE WINNER(S):
Choose one of these photos below for an 8x10 print.  Or I'm leaving it open that the winner can choose any photo in any of my Hawaiian posts of the last 10 days. Mahalo!






8 comments:

  1. Hi Felicia!
    Fun charades! Here are my guesses:
    1 -- From Here to Eternity
    2 -- ?
    3 -- Pirates of the Carribean? or was it Pirates of the Hawiian Islands?
    4 -- South Pacific
    5 -- Can't remember!
    6 -- Jurassic Park
    7 -- Indiana Jones
    8 -- Pearl Harbor

    Have a great trip!

    xoxo, Mary I
    aka sleepy mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Blue Hawaii
    2. Old Man & The Sea
    3. Hook
    4. 50 First Dates
    5. South Pacific?
    6. Jurassic Park
    7. Indiana Jones
    8. Pearl Harbor

    I tried! :)

    Lauren.m.gibson AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Felicia! I have been following your trip all week (via Facebook). It looks like you've had a great trip! My guesses for your charades are:

    1. Blue Hawaii
    2. Old Man By The Sea
    3. Treasure Island?
    4. South Pacific
    5. I'm not sure..?
    6. Jurassic Park
    7. Indiana Jones
    8. Pearl Harbor

    Have a safe trip home :)
    Thanks,
    Laurie
    Lmimama8@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite image is thisone from Dava Shepherd's Treasures From Hawaii shop:
    GodAlwaysLeavesAWindowOpen by TreasuresFromHawaii - fine art photo
    I just love it!
    Thanks,
    Laurie
    Lmimama8@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Felicia,
    I already follow your Blog :)
    Laurie
    Lmimama8@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am also following you on Facebook :)
    Laurie
    Lmimama8@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics and excellent post.
    It is a 11 year olds birthday for my child with 14 people coming we thought we might watch a movie and play,charades,lip singing contest,who am i,name that tune,dance craze any comments ideas or themes please no rude comments and answer quickly..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Max, for your kind comments. I don't have any suggestions for your child's birthday; I'm afraid that's a little beyond my expertise. I think the games you are suggesting are great, though!

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails