Monday, March 1, 2010

March Charades Contest


Here we go again - it's Charades Time!!

How it works: Each photo below stands by itself to represent a TOP 100 MOVIE from the 1970s.  There's eight movies in total.
The rules: You need to guess the movie titles – and make sure they ARE the correct titles - for each one.

The prizes: The first person to correctly guess all eight songs will receive a selection of my newest gift cards, bookmarks, and magnets like these. Then a second winner will be selected by random number generator from all comments submitted. The prize? A $20 gift certificate toward anything in my shop. www.etsy.com/shop/anotherbrightidea

Want to increase your odds? You can be entered in the drawing up to four times: (1) Take your guesses in one comment (only one guess entry per person), (2) In a separate comment, tell me your favorite image from one or more of these shops, (3) In a separate comment, tell me you signed up to follow my blog (or that you already follow), (4) In a separate comment, tell me you became a fan (or that you are already following) of my facebook page: www.facebook.com/anotherbrightidea.  (More than four comments from the same person will not be counted.)

This contest will run for ONE WEEK ONLY. The drawing will be held on Monday, March 8.

What are they:

Time Frame:  The 1970s 

#1
Nesting 8x10 print of original oil painting by shutterblue


#2
view from a taxi - nyc photograph - original fine art print by zuppaartista


#3
Read - 11x16 inches - Original Contemporary Fine Art Photography -  by paintednegative


#4
TILE PENDANT - Your mother was a hamster by FunckyPopArt


#5


#7
The Beach Theatre - TTV- 8x8 Decorative Art Print by TheJonathanGalleries


#8

The End (unpublished) by Anotherbrightidea


Good luck!

19 comments:

  1. 1. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
    2. Taxi Driver
    3. American Graffiti
    4. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    5. French Connection
    6. Last Tango in Paris
    7. Jaws
    8. Kramer vs. Kramer

    So much fun.

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Jodi! Welcome back,you talented person, you. You got ALL BUT ONE! I'm not going to say which one, that would make it too easy. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Jodi. You get only one chance. :(

    (Clue #1: You were right the first time.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, here I go:
    1 One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
    2 Taxi Driver
    3 American Graffiti
    4 Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    5 French Connection
    6 Last Tango in Paris
    7 The Last Picture Show
    8 Kramer vs. Kramer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the "To Everything there is a Season" series, especially Summer and Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Jessica - you got it!! You'll receive a special gift from me, and you'll also be entered in the drawing for the gift certificate.

    Did you figure out that the "Kramer vs. Kramer" divorce papers were mine? Irreverent I suppose, but my divorce was so long ago that I'm no longer emotional about it. I always got a kick out of it that a movie had the same title as my divorce papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! I am so excited! I will send you my address!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was a little slow on the uptake, but it was fun all the same. Please enter my comment for a chance to win.

    gr8kidsgr8fam at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the Liquid Blue Iris 3 Photograph

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh darn, Felicia, I have been so busy I missed the game!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi everybody - thanks for stopping by and commenting.

    Shia, I think everybody must be crazy busy - so few comments so far, and I'm only running the game for one week this time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, does that mean we others can't put the list as the first entry?

    Or just put my name in the list

    reviewsbyabby at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Entry 2: I like #1 the most! Love birds nests!

    You make such tough giveaways. But there are fun!

    reviewsbyabby at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Abby - Sometimes I'm a little slow on the uptake, as they say. Rest assured that starting with next month's Charades I am going to make some changes that will help the situation you mention. This has been a learning process for me, so I'm glad you all are hanging in there with me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please add me to the draw!
    I love photo #6! The tango. Sexy.
    Thanks for another month!

    shiki6210 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmm, I think this one is actually EASIER than previous charades- if I'd shown up in time,I would have guessed them right! But alack, life has kept me away from my blogroll.

    Still, I AM a follower, if a slack one- and I still think this is one of the most fun contests in blogland!

    carapacenator(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry, Carapace, that you didn't get a chance to guess. But thank you for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete

I'm interested in what you have to say. Join the discussion:

Related Posts with Thumbnails